1E-7 Engine Lubrication System:
1) Wash, clean and then dry all disassembled parts.
2) Apply thin coat of engine oil to inner and outer rotors,
oil seal lip portion, inside surfaces of oil pump case
3) Install outer (1) and inner rotors (2) to oil pump case.
4) Apply engine oil to relief valve (1) and spring (2), and
install them with retainer (3) and new circlip (4) to
rotor plate (5).
5) Install rotor plate and tighten all bolts to specified
torque. After installing plate, check to be sure that
rotors turn smoothly by hand (0.3 N⋅m (0.03 kgf-m,
0.25 lb-ft) torque or below).
Oil pump rotor plate bolt (a): 11 N·m (1.1 kgf-m,
Oil Pump Inspection
Check oil seal lip for fault or other damage. Replace as
• Check outer (1) and inner rotors (2), rotor plate, and
oil pump case for excessive wear or damage.
• Check relief valve (1) for excessive wear or damage
and operates smoothly.