• Lower hoist and vehicle in unloaded condition, tighten
strut nut (b) to specified torque.
Strut nut (b): 50 N·m (5.0 kgf-m, 36.5 lb-ft)
Don't twist brake hose and wheel speed
sensor harness when installing them.
• Tighten wheel nut to specified torque.
Wheel nut: 85 N·m (8.5 kgf-m, 61.5 lb-ft)
• After installation, confirm front wheel alignment.
Front Strut Assembly Disassembly and
1) Attach special tool (A) to coil spring as shown. Turn
special tool bolts alternately until coil spring tension
is released. Rotate the strut around its axis to
confirm that the coil spring is released or not.
2) While keeping coil spring compressed with special
tools, remove strut support lower nut with hexagon
wrench as shown figure.
3) Disassemble front strut assembly.
1) Compress coil spring using special tool (spring
compressor) until total length becomes about 280
mm (11.0 in.) as shown.
"a": 280 mm (11.0 in.)
U: Upper side (small dia.)
L: Lower side (large dia.)