HVAC Control Unit Removal and Installation
1) Disconnect negative (–) cable at battery.
2) Remove steering column hole cover from instrument
3) Remove audio unit from instrument panel referring to
"Audio Unit Removal and Installation (If Equipped) in
4) Remove driver side foot duct (1) from HVAC unit by
removing screw (2).
5) Disconnect temperature control cable (1) and air
flow control cable (2) from HVAC unit (3).
LH steering vehicle
6) Remove center garnish from instrument panel.
7) Remove HVAC control unit from instrument panel.
8) Disconnect connectors from HVAC control unit.
Reverse removal procedure noting the following
• Connect temperature control cable and air flow control
cable of HVAC control unit to links of HVAC unit.
a. For LH steering vehicle, set airflow selector (1) to
"DEF" position and temperature selector (2) to
"MAX HOT" position.
For RH steering vehicle, set airflow selector (1) to
"VENT" position and temperature selector (2) to
"MAX COOL" position.
Heater and Ventilation:
RH steering vehicle
F: Vehicle forward