5A-44 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
DTC P0602: Control Module Programming Error
Internal control module is installed in ECM.
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Data programming error
(1 driving cycle detection logic)
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned OFF.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC, pending DTC and freeze frame data by using scan tool.
3) Start engine and run it at idle if possible.
4) Check DTC and pending DTC by using scan tool.
1) Clear DTC referring to "DTC Clearance".
2) Turn OFF ignition switch.
3) Turn ON ignition switch and check DTC.
Is DTC P0602 still indicated?
TCM power ground circuit check
1) Check that TCM power supply circuit and TCM ground
circuit is in good condition referring to "TCM Power and
Ground Circuit Check".
Are check results OK?
DTC P0705: Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Input)
2. Transmission range sensor
3. Backup lamp
[A]: Terminal arrangement of TCM connector (viewed from harness side)
Go to Step 2.
Substitute a known-
good TCM and recheck.
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
Repair TCM power or