1H-6 Ignition System:
Ignition Spark Test
1) Remove air cleaner assembly with air intake pipe.
2) Disconnect all injector couplers from injectors.
Without disconnection of injector couplers,
combustible gas may come out from spark
plug holes during this test and may get
ignited in engine room.
3) Remove spark plug and check it for condition and
type referring to "Spark Plug Inspection".
4) If OK, connect ignition coil coupler to ignition coil
assembly and connect spark plug to ignition coil
assembly or high-tension cord. Ground spark plug.
High-Tension Cord Removal and Installation
1) Remove air cleaner assembly with air intake pipe
and cylinder head upper cover.
2) Disconnect No.1 cylinder (2) and No.3 cylinder (3)
high-tension cords from ignition coil assemblies (1)
while gripping each cap.
3) Pull out high-tension cords from spark plugs while
gripping each cap.
• Removal of high-tension cords together
with clamps will be recommended so as
not to damage their inside wire (resistive
• For the same reason, pull out each
connection by gripping cap portion.
5) Crank engine and check if each spark plug sparks.
6) If no spark is emitted, inspect the related parts as
described in "Ignition System Symptom Diagnosis".
1) Install No.1 cylinder (2) and No.3 cylinder (3) high-
tension cords to spark plugs and ignition coil
assemblies (1) while gripping each cap.
• Never attempt to use metal conductor
high-tension cords as replacing parts.
• Insert each cap portion fully when
installing high-tension cords.