1E-5 Engine Lubrication System:
4) Install oil pan to cylinder block temporarily.
5) Insert dowel pin (1) in hole (2) of oil pan in order to
locate oil pan precisely.
Dowel pin is available as a spare part (part
6) After fitting oil pan to cylinder block, run in securing
bolts and start tightening at the center: move wrench
outward, tightening one bolt at a time. Tighten bolts
and nuts to specified torque.
Oil pan bolt (M6) (a): 11 N·m (1.1 kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
Oil pan bolt (M10) (c): 55 N·m (5.5 kgf-m, 40.0 lb-
Oil pan nut (e): 11 N·m (1.1 kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
7) After applying engine oil to drain plug, install new
gasket and drain plug to oil pan.
Tighten drain plug to specified torque.
Oil pan drain plug (b): 35 N·m (3.5 kgf-m, 25.5 lb-
8) Tighten transaxle stiffener bolts to specified torque.
Transaxle stiffener bolt (d): 55 N·m (5.5 kgf-m,
9) Install clutch housing lower plate (1) and then tighten
clutch housing lower plate bolt to specified torque.
Clutch housing lower plate bolt (a): 11 N·m (1.1
kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
10) For 4WD model, remount transfer referring to
"Transfer Dismounting and Remounting in Section
11) Install oil level gauge.
12) Refill engine with engine oil referring to "Engine Oil
and Filter Change in Section 0B".
13) Verify that there is no engine oil leakage and exhaust
gas leakage at each connection.
Oil Pan and Oil Pump Strainer Cleaning
• Clean sealing surface between oil pan and cylinder
Remove oil, old sealant, and dust from sealing
• Clean oil pump strainer screen (1).