1) Before installing valve guide into cylinder head, ream
guide hole with special tool (10.5 mm reamer) so as
to remove burrs and make it truly round.
2) Install valve guide to cylinder head.
Heat cylinder head uniformly at a temperature of 80
to 100 °C (176 to 212 °F) so that head will not be
distorted, and drive new valve guide into hole with
Drive in new valve guide until special tool (Valve
guide installer) contacts cylinder head.
After installing, make sure that valve guide protrudes
by specified dimension "a" from cylinder head.
• Never reuse valve guide once
disassembled. Make sure to install new
valve guide (Oversize).
• Intake and exhaust valve guides are
Valve guide protrusion (In and Ex)
"a": 11.1 – 11.5 mm (0.437 – 0.452 in.)
3) Ream valve guide bore with special tool (5.5 mm
reamer). After reaming, clean bore.
4) Install valve spring seat to cylinder head.
5) Install new valve stem seal (1) to valve guide.
After applying engine oil to seal and spindle of
special tool (Valve guide installer handle), fit oil seal
to spindle, and then install seal to valve guide by
pushing special tool by hand.
After installing, check to be sure that seal is properly
fixed to valve guide.
• Do not reuse seal once disassembled. Be
sure to install new seal.
• When installing, never tap or hit special
tool with a hammer or else. Install seal to
guide only by pushing special tool by
hand. Tapping or hitting special tool may
cause damage to seal.