Electronic Stability Program
Precautions in Diagnosing Troubles
To ensure that the trouble diagnosis is done accurately
and smoothly, observe the following and follow
"Electronic Stability Program Check".
• Diagnostic information stored in ESP® control module
memory can be cleared as well as checked by using
SUZUKI scan tool. Before using scan tool, read its
Operator's (Instruction) Manual carefully to have good
understanding as to what functions are available and
how to use it.
• If the vehicles was operated in any of the following
ways, ESP® warning light may light momentarily but
this does not indicate anything abnormal in ESP®.
– The vehicle was driven with parking brake pulled.
– The vehicle was driven with brake dragging.
– The vehicle was stuck in mud, sand, etc.
– Wheel spin occurred while driving.
– Wheel(s) was rotated while the vehicle was jacked
• Be sure to use the trouble diagnosis procedure as
described in "Electronic Stability Program Check".
Failure to follow it may result in incorrect diagnosis.
(Some other diagnosis trouble code may be stored by
mistake in the memory of ESP® control module
• When disconnecting ESP® control module connector
(1), pull up the lock lever (2) of connector.
When connecting, set the connector on ESP®
hydraulic unit / control module assembly and pull
down the lock lever (2) until it locks.
[C]: Pull up to disconnect
[D]: Pull down to connect
Electronic Stability Program:
• Communication of ECM, TCM (A/T model), BCM,
4WD control module, combination meter, keyless start
control module, ESP® control module, steering angle
sensor, yaw rate / G sensor and DLC (data link
connector) is established by CAN (Controller Area
Therefore, be sure to read "Precautions for Installing
Mobile Communication Equipment in Section 00 in
related manual" before inspection and handling CAN
For CAN communication system, refer to description
on "CAN Communication System Description in
Precautions in On-Vehicle Service
When connector is connected to ESP® hydraulic unit /
control module assembly, do not disconnect connectors
of sensors with ignition switch ON. Otherwise, DTC will
be set in ESP® control module.
Precautions in Hydraulic Unit Operation Check
ESP® hydraulic unit / control module assembly function
is checked by correct wheel lock / release condition
when brake pressure is pressurized / depressurized
using SUZUKI scan tool. The hydraulic unit operation
check referring to "ESP® Hydraulic Unit Operation
Check" should be performed to confirm the correct brake
pipe connection in the following cases.
• ESP® hydraulic unit / control module assembly was
• Brake pipe and/or hose were replaced.
Precautions in Sensor Calibration
Steering angle sensor transmits the absolute steering
angle value calculated with the steering neutral position
(calibration point) required by ESP® control module.
TCS and stability control system use this set of data.
When the following operation is done, calibration should
be performed since the original calibration points are
• Power is not supplied to steering angle sensor.
(battery and/or fuse is removed.)
• Steering angle sensor is replaced.
• Power is not supplied to ESP® control module.
(battery, fuse and/or connector is removed.)
• ESP® hydraulic unit / control module assembly is
Perform sensor calibration according to "Sensor