48) Remove O/D and 2nd coast brake retaining plate
snap ring (1).
49) Remove front planetary sun gear (1).
50) Remove front sun gear thrust bearing race (2) from
front planetary sun gear (1).
51) Before disassembling 2nd brake piston assembly
(4), check 2nd brake piston stroke by measuring
clearance between 2nd brake separator plate (1)
and piston (2) with feeler gauge (3).
If clearance, that is, piston stroke is out of
specification, replace brake discs and plates with
When brake disc, retaining plate and/or
separator plate of 2nd brake have been
replaced, all learned contents, which have
been stored in TCM memory by executing
learning control, should be initialized
referring to "Learning Control Initialization".
Neglecting this initialization may cause
excessive shift shock.
2nd brake piston stroke
"a": 0.40 – 1.25 mm (0.016 – 0.049 in.)
52) Using special tool and hydraulic press, remove 2nd
brake piston snap ring (1).
Do not press 2nd brake piston assembly in
over 0.4 mm (0.016 in.).
Excessive compression may cause damage
to piston assembly, return spring, plates and/