4A-12 Brake Control System and Diagnosis:
Master Cylinder Reservoir Removal and
Do not allow brake fluid to get on painted
surfaces. Painted surfaces will be damaged
by brake fluid, flush it with water immediately
if any fluid is spilled.
1) Clean outside of reservoir and master cylinder.
2) Disconnect fluid level switch coupler (1) and clamp
(3) from reservoir (2).
3) Drain brake fluid in reservoir.
4) Disconnect clutch reservoir hose from reservoir (M/T
5) Remove reservoir connector pin (1) by using special
tool and then reservoir.
1) When using new grommets (2), lubricate them with
the same fluid as the one to fill reservoir with.
Then press-fit grommets (2) to master cylinder (3).
2) Install reservoir (1) to master cylinder.
3) Drive in reservoir connector pin (2) by using special
tool (A). Till both of its ends at the right and left of
reservoir (1) becomes the same length.
4) Connect clutch reservoir hose to reservoir (M/T
5) Connect fluid level switch coupler (1) and clamp (3)
to reservoir (2).