Aux. Emission Control Devices
EGR System Inspection (If Equipped)
1) Connect SUZUKI scan tool to data link connector
(DLC) (1) with ignition switch turned OFF.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and erase DTC using
"Delete" in "DTC" menu of scan tool.
3) Start engine and warm it up to normal operating
temperature, then select "Data List" mode on scan
4) Make sure that vehicle condition is as follows.
• Vehicle speed = 0 km/h (0 KPH)
• Engine speed ≤ 900 rpm
• Engine coolant temp. ≥ 90 °C, 164 °F
EVAP Canister Purge Inspection
Before inspection, check to make sure that
gear shift lever is in neutral position and that
parking brake lever is pulled all the way up.
1) Disconnect purge hose (1) from purge pipe.
2) Place finger against the end of disconnected hose
and check that vacuum is not felt there when engine
is cool and running at idle speed. If check result is
not satisfactory, check EVAP canister purge valve,
wire harness and ECM.
Diagnostic Information and Procedures
Aux. Emission Control Devices:
5) With engine idling (without depressing accelerator
pedal), open EGR valve by using "Step EGR
Control" mode in "Engine / Active Test" menu. In this
state, as EGR valve opening increases engine idle
speed drops. If not, possible cause is clogged EGR
gas passage, stuck or faulty EGR valve.
(A): SUZUKI scan tool (SUZUKI-SDT)
EVAP Canister Purge Valve and Its Circuit
Do not apply vacuum by mouth; otherwise
harmful fuel vapor can be breathed in.
Do not apply vacuum more than –86 kPa (–
12.47 psi); otherwise EVAP canister purge
valve could be damaged.