Rear Wheel Hub Assembly Inspection
• Check noise and smooth rotation of wheel by rotating
If it is defective, replace wheel hub assembly.
• Measure thrust play of wheel hub using dial gauge as
shown in figure.
When the thrust play exceeds limit, replace wheel hub
Rear wheel hub thrust play limit
"a": 0.1 mm (0.004 in.)
Rear Wheel Hub Assembly Removal and
Do not allow brake fluid to get on painted
surfaces. Painted surface will be damaged.
1) Hoist vehicle. Then remove rear wheel and brake
2) For 4WD model, remove rear drive shaft referring to
"Rear Drive Shaft Assembly Removal and
Installation: Rear in Section 3A".
3) Remove rear brake shoe.
4) Disconnect brake pipe flare nut (1) from wheel
5) Disconnect wheel speed sensor connector (1) (4WD
6) Remove wheel speed sensor (3) (2WD model).
7) Remove brake back plate (2) and rear wheel hub
cylinder (3) and put bleeder plug cap (4) onto pipe
(2) to prevent fluid from spilling.
from rear axle.
[A]: 4WD model
[B]: 2WD model