Fuel Injector On-Vehicle Inspection
1) Using sound scope (1) or such, check operating
sound of injector (2) when engine is running or
Cycle of operating sound should vary according to
If no sound or an unusual sound is heard, check
injector circuit (wire or coupler) or injector.
2) Disconnect connector (1) from injector, connect
ohmmeter between terminals of injector and check
If resistance is out of reference value greatly,
Reference resistance of fuel injector
12.0 Ω at 20 °C, 68 °F
3) Connect connector to injector securely.
Fuel Injector Removal and Installation
Before starting the following procedure, be
sure to observe "Precautions on Fuel System
Service" in order to reduce the risk of fire and
1) Relieve fuel pressure according to "Fuel Pressure
2) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
3) Remove air cleaner case (1) and air suction hose
4) Disconnect fuel injector couplers.
5) Disconnect fuel feed hose (4) from fuel delivery pipe
6) Remove fuel delivery pipe bolts (2).
7) Remove fuel injector(s) (3).