6) Install brake drum referring to Step 1) and 2) of
"Installation" under "Rear Brake Drum Removal and
Installation in Section 4C".
7) Pull up parking brake lever.
Install new rear drive shaft nut (1) to specified
torque, and then caulk drive shaft nut (1) (4WD
• Never reuse rear drive shaft nut.
• Be careful not to damage the rear drive
shaft nut while caulking it. If it is damaged,
replace it with new one.
Drive shaft nut (a): 175 N·m (17.5 kgf-m, 127.0
Tightening Torque Specifications
Rear shock absorber upper nut
Rear shock absorber lower nut
Rear axle bolt
Brake pipe flare nut
Rear hub bolt
Wheel speed sensor bolt
Drive shaft nut
The specified tightening torque is also described in the following.
"Rear Suspension Components"
For the tightening torque of fastener not specified in this section, refer to "Fasteners Information in Section 0A".
8) Fill reservoir with brake fluid and bleed brake
system. For bleeding operation, refer to "Air
Bleeding of Brake System in Section 4A".
9) Install wheel and tighten wheel nuts to specified
Wheel nut: 85 N·m (8.5 kgf-m, 61.5 lb-ft)
10) Adjust parking brake cable. For adjustment, refer to
"Parking Brake Inspection and Adjustment in Section
11) Check to ensure that brake drum is free from
dragging and proper braking is obtained.
12) Perform brake test (foot brake and parking brake).
13) Check each installed part for fluid leakage.