Timing Chain Cover Removal and Installation
• Keep working table, tools and hands clean
• Use special care to handle aluminum parts
so as not to damage them.
• Do not expose removed parts to dust.
Keep them always clean.
1) Remove engine assembly from vehicle referring to
"Engine Assembly Removal and Installation".
2) Remove water pump / generator drive belt referring
to "Water Pump / Generator Drive Belt Removal and
Installation in Section 1F".
3) Remove crankshaft pulley bolt.
To lock crankshaft pulley (1), use special tool with it
as shown in figure.
4) Remove crankshaft pulley (1).
If it is hard to remove, use special tools as shown in
5) Remove cylinder head cover referring to "Cylinder
Head Cover Removal and Installation".
6) Remove oil pan referring to "Oil Pan and Oil Pump
Strainer Removal and Installation in Section 1E".
7) Remove water pump pulley.
8) Remove A/C bracket from cylinder block.
9) For engine with VVT, remove oil gallery pipes No.2
(1) and No.3 (2).
10) Remove cap (1) from timing chain cover (2).
11) Remove timing chain cover (2).
12) For engine with VVT, remove oil control valve from
timing chain cover referring to "Oil Control Valve
Removal and Installation (For Engine with VVT)".