Front Wheel Hub and Steering Knuckle Components
1. Front wheel hub
3. Wheel bearing
: Face grooved rubber seal side to wheel hub.
Front Wheel Hub, Steering Knuckle and Wheel
Bearing Removal and Installation
When removing and installing steering
knuckle assembly, be careful not to damage
dust boots of control arm joint by drive shaft
dust cover and brake dust cover.
1) Hoist vehicle and remove wheel.
2) Uncaulk drive shaft nut (1).
3) Depress foot brake pedal and hold it. Remove drive
shaft nut (1).
4. Steering knuckle
5. Drive shaft nut
: Calk, after tightening.
6. Hub bolt
4) Remove caliper carrier bolts and then caliper (1) with
5) Pull brake disc (2) off by using two 8 mm bolts.
7. Dust cover
: 200 N⋅m (20.0 kgf-m, 145.0 lb-ft)
: Do not reuse.
Hang removed caliper with a wire hook or the
like (3) so as to prevent brake hose (4) from
bending, twisting or tension.
Do not depress brake pedal during caliper
Don't operate brake pedal with caliper