5A-52 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
DTC P0717: Input / Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
2. Input shaft speed sensor
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
No input shaft speed sensor signal is detected although
output shaft speed sensor signals are detected.
DTC Confirmation Procedure
• When performing a road test, select a place where there is no traffic or possibility of a traffic
accident and be very careful during testing to avoid occurrence of an accident.
• Road test should be carried out with 2 persons, a driver and a tester, on a level road.
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch OFF, if available.
2) Clear DTC in TCM memory and start engine.
3) Shift select lever to "D" range and drive vehicle at 25 km/h (15 mile/h) or more with 3rd gear at least for 1 km (0.6
4) Stop vehicle and check DTC.
Was "A/T System Check" performed?
Check input shaft speed sensor circuit
1) Disconnect TCM connectors with ignition switch OFF.
2) Check for proper connection to input shaft speed sensor
at "C07-6" and "C07-16" terminals.
3) If OK, check resistance of sensor circuit.
Input shaft speed sensor specification
Between terminals "C07-6" and "C07-16": 560 – 680
Ω at 20 °C (68 °F)
Between terminal "C07-6" / "C07-16" and ground: No
Are check result satisfactory?
[A]: Terminal arrangement of TCM connector (viewed from harness side)
• Input shaft speed sensor or its circuit malfunction
• Improper input shaft speed sensor installation
• Damaged direct clutch drum
• Foreign material attachment to sensor or drum
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 4.
Go to "A/T System
Go to Step 3.