2) For APP sensor (sub), arrange 3 new 1.5 V batteries
(1) in series (check that total voltage is 4.5 – 5.0 V)
and connect its positive terminal to "Vin 2" terminal
(2) and negative terminal to "Ground 2" terminal (3)
of sensor. Then using voltmeter, connect positive
terminal to "Vout 2" terminal (4) of sensor and
negative terminal to battery.
3) Measure output voltage variation while accelerator
pedal is no depressed and fully depressed as
If sensor voltage is out of specified value or does not
vary linearly as the following graph, replace APP sensor
3.50 - 4.27 V
1.74 - 2.17 V
0.65 - 0.82 V
0.30 - 0.44 V
[D]: Idle position of accelerator pedal
[E]: Fully depressed position of accelerator pedal
Engine Electrical Devices:
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor
Removal and Installation
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Drain coolant referring to "Cooling System Draining
in Section 1F".
To avoid danger of being burned, do not
remove radiator cap while engine and
radiator are still hot.
Scalding fluid and steam can be blown out
under pressure if cap is taken off too soon.
3) Remove air intake pipe.
4) Disconnect connector from ECT sensor (1).
5) Remove ECT sensor from water outlet.
Reverse removal procedure noting the following.
• Clean mating surfaces of ECT sensor and water
• Check O-ring for damage and replace, if necessary.
• Tighten ECT sensor (1) to specified torque.
ECT sensor (a): 15 N·m (1.5 kgf-m, 11.0 lb-ft)
• Connect connector to ECT sensor securely.
• Refill coolant referring to "Cooling System Flush and
Refill in Section 1F".