5A-100 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
Differential Side Oil Seal Replacement
1) Lift up vehicle and drain automatic transaxle fluid.
2) Remove drive shaft assembly and center shaft
referring to "Front Drive Shaft Assembly Removal
and Installation: Front in Section 3A".
3) Remove differential side oil seal (1) by using special
4) Apply grease to new differential side oil seal lips.
: Grease 99000–25030 (SUZUKI Super Grease C)
5) Install new differential side oil seals (1) by using
Differential side oil seal installing depth
Right side "a": 13.2 – 14.2 mm (0.52 – 0.56 in.)
Left side "b": 3.8 – 4.8 mm (0.15 – 0.19 in.)
[A]: Right side
6) Insert drive shaft assembly and center shaft referring
to "Front Drive Shaft Assembly Removal and
Installation: Front in Section 3A".
7) Pour A/T fluid referring to "A/T Fluid Change".
[B]: Left side
A/T Fluid Cooler Hoses Replacement
The rubber hoses for the A/T fluid cooler should be
checked at specified interval. If replacing them, be sure
to note the following.
• to replace clamps at the same time
• to insert hose as far as its limit mark
• to clamp clamps securely
1. Inlet hose (Outlet from A/T fluid cooler)
2. Outlet hose (Inlet to A/T fluid cooler)