EBD Warning Light (Brake Warning Light) Comes ON Steady
Referring to "Wiring Diagram" under "ABS Warning Light Does Not Come ON at Ignition Switch ON".
EBD warning light (brake warning light) is controlled by ABS control module and BCM through light driver module in
If EBD system is in good condition, ABS control module turns EBD warning light ON at the ignition switch ON, keeps it
ON for 2 seconds and then turns it OFF.
EBD warning light is turned ON continuously at the following conditions.
• EBD system is an abnormality
• Connector of ABS control module is disconnected
• Parking brake switch is ON
• Brake fluid level is lower than minimum level
The information of parking brake switch and brake fluid level are transmitted from BCM to light driver module in
combination meter through CAN communication line.
Parking brake and brake fluid level check
1) Make sure that:
• Parking brake is completely released.
• Brake fluid level is upper than the minimum level.
Are the check results OK?
ABS warning light operation check
1) Turn ignition switch to ON position.
Does ABS warning light come on steady?
Parking brake switch circuit and brake fluid level switch
1) Release parking brake completely, and replenish brake
2) Disconnect BCM connectors with ignition switch turned
3) Measure resistance between each parking brake switch
circuit, brake fluid level switch circuit and vehicle body
DTC check of BCM
1) Connect scan tool to data link connector with ignition
switch turned OFF.
2) Turn ignition switch to ON position and check DTC of
Is there DTC U0073?
Go to Step 2.
Perform "ABS Warning
Light Comes ON
Go to Step 4.
Go to "DTC U0073 (No.
0073): Control Module
Communication Bus Off
in Section 10B".
Release parking brake
replenish brake fluid.
Go to Step 3.
Check each applicable
circuit for short to
vehicle body ground. If
OK then check parking
brake switch and/or
brake fluid level switch.
Go to Step 5.