DTC P0788: Shift / Timing Solenoid Control Circuit High
2. Timing solenoid valve
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Voltage of timing solenoid valve TCM terminal is high
although TCM is commanding timing solenoid valve to turn
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch OFF, if available.
2) Clear DTC in TCM memory.
3) Start engine and shift select lever to "N" range.
4) Repeat shifting select lever from "N" range to "D" range and vice versa for 3 times.
5) Check DTC.
Was "A/T System Check" performed?
Check timing solenoid valve circuit for IG short
1) Disconnect TCM connectors.
2) Turn ignition switch ON and measure voltage between
terminal "C06-14" of harness side TCM connector and
Is it 0 – 1 V?
Check timing solenoid valve circuit for open
1) Measure resistance between terminal "C06-14" of
disconnected harness side TCM connector and ground.
Is it 11 – 15
[A]: Terminal arrangement of TCM connector (viewed from harness side)
• Timing solenoid valve circuit open or shorted to
• Timing solenoid valve malfunction
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 3.
Intermittent trouble or
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
If OK, substitute a
known-good TCM and
Go to "A/T System
shorted to power circuit.
Go to Step 4.