5A-64 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
Check pressure control solenoid valve circuit for open
1) Check resistance continuity between terminals "C06-2"
and "C06-4" of disconnected harness side TCM
Is it infinite?
DTC P0963: Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit High
2. Pressure control solenoid valve
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Pressure control solenoid valve output voltage is too high
comparing with TCM command value.
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch OFF, if available.
2) Clear DTC in TCM memory.
3) Start engine.
4) Keep engine running at idle speed for 15 seconds or more.
5) Check DTC.
[A]: Terminal arrangement of TCM connector (viewed from harness side)
"GRY" or "LT GRN/BLK"
• Pressure control solenoid valve circuit shorted to
• Pressure control solenoid valve malfunction
Intermittent trouble or
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
If OK, substitute a
known-good TCM and