16) Remove hub bolts (1) with copper hammer or
Never remove bolt unless replacement is
Be sure to use a new bolt for replacement.
• Never reuse wheel bearing and circlip.
Otherwise, abnormal noise and abnormal
vibration or any other abnormal condition
• Strut bracket nut is pre-coated with friction
stabilizer. Never reuse the removed strut
Otherwise, nut may loosen.
For installation, reverse removal procedure, noting the
1) Face grooved rubber seal side (1) of new wheel
bearing (2) upward as shown in figure and press-fit it
into knuckle (3) using special tool.
2) Install new circlip (1).
3) Insert new hub bolt (1) in hub hole. Rotate hub bolt
slowly to assure that serrations are aligned with
those made by original bolt.
4) Drive in dust cover so that dimensions "a" and "b"
become equal as shown in the figure.
When drive in dust cover, be careful not to
5) Caulk more than 6 places with a punch.