1D-30 Engine Mechanical:
8) Screw in plunger (1) by turning body (2) in arrow
direction and install a retainer (3) (wire) to hold
plunger in place.
9) Install timing chain tensioner adjuster assembly (1)
with a retainer (2).
Tighten adjuster bolts to specified torque and then
remove a retainer from chain tensioner adjuster
Timing chain tensioner adjuster bolt (a): 11 N·m
(1.1 kgf-m, 8.0 lb-ft)
10) Apply engine oil to timing chain, and then turn
crankshaft clockwise by 2 revolutions and check that
match marks (1) are at the following specific
• Intake and exhaust camshaft timing sprockets are
in match with notches (2) on cylinder head.
• Crankshaft sprocket key (3) is on upside of
crankshaft as shown in figure.
[A]: For engine with VVT
11) Install timing chain cover referring to "Timing Chain
Cover Removal and Installation".
12) Perform Steps 10) to 14) of "Installation" of "Timing
Chain Cover Removal and Installation".
[B]: For engine without VVT