1D-24 Engine Mechanical:
1) Clean sealing surface on timing chain cover, cylinder
block and cylinder head.
Remove oil, old sealant and dust from sealing
2) Install oil seal (1) to timing chain cover, if removed.
When installing new oil seal, press fit to
timing chain cover (2) by using special tool
(bearing installer) as shown in figure.
Drive in dimension
"a": 1.0 mm (0.04 in.)
3) For engine with VVT, install oil control valve to timing
chain cover referring to "Oil Control Valve Removal
and Installation (For Engine with VVT)".
4) Apply sealant "A" to mating surface of cylinder and
cylinder head and "B" to mating surface of timing
chain cover as shown in figure.
"A": Water tight sealant 99000–31140 (SUZUKI
"B": Sealant 99000–31260 (SUZUKI Bond
Sealant amount for timing chain cover
Width "a": 3 mm (0.12 in.)
Height "b": 2 mm (0.08 in.)
5) Apply engine oil to oil seal lip, then install timing
chain cover (1). Tighten bolts and nut to specified
Before installing timing chain cover, check
that pin is securely fitted.
Timing chain cover bolt (a): 25 N·m (2.5 kgf-m,
Timing chain cover nut (b): 25 N·m (2.5 kgf-m,
6) Apply engine oil to new O-rings (2) and install them
to cap (3).
7) Install cap (3) to timing chain cover (1).
Tighten bolts to specified torque.
Cap bolt (c): 25 N·m (2.5 kgf-m, 18.0 lb-ft)