31) Clean mating surface of differential carrier (1) and
coupling case (2), apply sealant to carrier as shown
in figure by such amount that its section is 1.5 mm
(0.059 in.) in diameter, mate coupling case with
differential carrier as shown in figure, and then
tighten bolts to specified torque.
"A": Sealant 99000–31260 (SUZUKI Bond
Coupling case bolt (a): 23 N·m (2.3 kgf-m, 17.0
Install coupling pin (3) by fitting it to groove
(4) of coupling case.
32) Apply grease to oil seal lip, and then install oil seals
(1) to rear differential (2) using special tool as shown
Install oil seal horizontally to surface of rear
"A": Grease 99000–25010 (SUZUKI Super
Distance between rear differential and oil seal
: 1.0 – 2.0 mm (0.04 – 0.08 in.)
33) Install drive shaft flange.
34) Install rear mounting bracket to rear differential
referring to "Front Mounting Arm and/or Rear
Mounting Bracket Assembly Removal and
Rear Differential Inspection
• Check companion flange for wear or damage.
• Check bearings for wear or discoloration.
• Check differential carrier for cracks.
• Check drive bevel pinion and bevel gear for wear or
• Check side gears, pinion gears and pinion shaft for
wear or damage.
• Check side gear spline for wear or damage.