Reverse disassembly procedure for assembly, noting the
• Use new seal ring and O-ring. Apply A/T fluid before
• Do not damage direct clutch return spring
subassembly (1) and piston by pressing in direct
clutch return spring subassembly passing through its
original installing position over 0.7 mm (0.027 in.).
• Apply A/T fluid to direct clutch separator plates (4),
discs (3) and retaining plate (2).
• Install direct clutch separator plates (4), discs (3),
retaining plate (2) and snap ring (1) to input shaft
• Install plate snap ring so that its both ends would be
positioned in correct locations as shown in figure.
• After assembly, measure direct clutch piston stroke.
Direct clutch piston stroke
0.4 – 0.7 mm (0.016 – 0.027 in.)
When piston stroke is out of specification, select direct
clutch retaining plate with suitable thickness from
among the following table and replace it.
Available direct clutch retaining plate thickness
3.0 mm (0.118 in.)
3.2 mm (0.126 in.)
3.4 mm (0.134 in.)
2.8 mm (0.110 in.)
1. Direct clutch assembly
2. Oil pump assembly
3. Oil hole