5A-148 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle:
12) Install 1st and reverse brake plate snap ring so that
its both ends would be positioned in correct locations
as shown in figure.
13) Using special tools, measure 1st and reverse brake
piston stroke when compressed air (400 – 800 kPa,
4 – 8 kg/cm
, 57 – 113 psi) is brown through oil hole.
1st and reverse brake piston stroke
Standard: 0.791 – 1.489 mm (0.0311 – 0.0586 in.)
14) Install reduction drive gear (1) to transaxle case (3)
by using special tools and hydraulic press.
• Do not use transaxle case as groundwork
to press fit reduction drive gear.
• Do not give load more than 20 kN (2000 kg,
4410 lb) with hydraulic press. Otherwise, it
may result in damaging reduction drive
When replacing reduction drive gear, replace
it together with reduction driven gear as a
2. Stand that can slightly lift transaxle case.
15) Install parking lock pawl (1) and spring (2). Apply A/T
fluid to parking lock pawl shaft, then insert it into