2B-5 Front Suspension:
Front Strut Assembly Removal and Installation
When rebound stopper and strut assembly
were removed, check strut support lower nut
for specified torque before installing strut
1) Remove hood rear seal (1), and then remove cowl
top garnish (2) from vehicle.
When servicing component parts of strut
assembly, beforehand loosen strut nut a little
before removing strut assembly. This will
make service work easier. Note that the nut
must not be removed at this point.
2) Hoist vehicle, allowing front suspension to hang free.
3) Remove wheel and disconnect stabilizer joint (1)
from strut bracket.
When loosening joint nut, hold stud with hexagon
4) Remove brake hose mounting bolt (1). Remove
5) Remove strut bracket bolts and nuts (4).
6) Remove strut nut (1), and remove rebound stopper
7) Remove strut assembly.
Install strut assembly by reversing removal procedure,
noting the following instructions.
• Insert bolts in such direction as shown in figure.
• Tighten all fasteners to specified torque.
brake hose (2) from bracket and wheel speed sensor
harness (3) from strut bracket as shown in figure.
Hold strut by hand so that it will not fall off.
Strut bracket nut is pre-coated with friction
stabilizer. Never reuse the removed strut
bracket nut. Otherwise, nut may loosen.
Strut bracket nut (a): 140 N·m (14.0 kgf-m, 101.5
Brake hose mounting bolt (c): 26 N·m (2.6 kgf-m,
Stabilizer joint nut (d): 50 N·m (5.0 kgf-m, 36.5 lb-