Oil Pressure Check
To avoid the danger of being burned, do not
touch the exhaust system when the system is
hot. Any service on the exhaust system
should be performed when the system is
Prior to checking oil pressure, check the
• Oil level in oil pan
If oil level is low, add oil up to full level
mark (hole) (1) on oil level gauge referring
to "Engine Oil and Filter Change in Section
2. Low level mark (hole)
• Oil quality
If oil is discolored or deteriorated, change
it. For particular oil to be used, refer to
"Engine Oil and Filter Change in Section
• Oil leaks
If leak is found, repair it.
1) Disconnect oil pressure switch coupler (1).
2) Remove oil pressure switch (2) from cylinder block.
Diagnostic Information and Procedures
Engine Lubrication System:
3) Install special tools (oil pressure gauge) to vacated
threaded hole of oil pressure switch.
4) Start engine and warm engine up to normal
Be sure to shift transaxle gear shift lever in
"Neutral", set parking brake and block drive
5) After warming up, raise engine speed to 4,000 r/min.
and measure oil pressure.
Oil pressure specification
More than 270 kPa (2.7 kgf/cm
6) After checking oil pressure, stop engine and remove
oil pressure gauge and attachment.
7) Before reinstalling oil pressure switch (2), be sure to
wrap its screw threads with sealing tape (1) and
tighten switch to specified torque.
If sealing tape edge is bulged out from screw
threads of switch, cut it off.
Oil pressure switch (a): 13 N·m (1.3 kgf-m, 9.5
, 39.8 psi) at 4,000