4B-5 Front Brakes:
Assemble parts in reverse order of disassembly,
observing the following instructions.
• Wash each part cleanly before installation
in the same fluid as the one used in master
• Never use other fluid or volatile solvent.
• Before installing piston seal and cylinder
boot to cylinder, apply rubber grease
included in piston seal set or brake fluid to
• Install a new piston seal into groove in
cylinder securely making sure that it is not
• After reassembling brake lines, bleed air
Before installing caliper to carrier, install slide pins with
rubber grease included in slide pin / boot set applied into
caliper carrier hole and check for its smooth movement
in thrust direction.
Check all around piston for rust, corrosion and any other
damage. If it is found faulty, replace piston or brake
• Install piston seal, boot and piston to caliper referring
to the following instructions.
1) Replace with a new piston seal (1) at every overhaul.
After applying rubber grease included in piston seal
set or brake fluid, fit piston seal (1) into groove in
cylinder taking care not to twist it.
2) Before inserting piston (1) into cylinder, apply rubber
grease included in piston seal set or brake fluid to
new boot (a) and install it onto piston as shown.
3) Fit boot as it is in figure into boot groove in cylinder
A: 1 grooved side directed cylinder side
B: 2 grooved side directed pad side