Was "A/T System Check" performed?
Inspect transmission fluid temperature sensor
1) Inspect transmission fluid temperature sensor referring
to "Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Inspection".
Is result satisfactory?
Check for transmission fluid temperature sensor circuit
1) Turn ignition switch to OFF position.
2) Disconnect valve body harness connector and TCM
3) Check for proper connection to TCM at terminals "C06-
11" and "C06-12". If connection is OK, check circuit for
open, short and high resistance for the following circuit.
• Between "C06-11" terminal of TCM connector and "LT
GRN" terminal of valve body harness connector.
• Between "C06-12" terminal of TCM connector and
"ORN" terminal of valve body harness connector.
Are they in good condition?
DTC P0712: Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Low
2. Transmission fluid temperature sensor
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Transmission temperature sensor terminal voltage is less
than specified value for 5 minutes or more after starting
[A]: Terminal arrangement of TCM connector (viewed from harness side)
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 3
Intermittent trouble or
faulty TCM. Check for
intermittent referring to
"Intermittent and Poor
in Section 00". If OK,
substitute a known-
good TCM and recheck.
• Transmission fluid temperature sensor or its circuit
Go to "A/T System
Repair "LT GRN" and/or