Driveline / Axle
Precaution for Rear Differential Oil Leakage
Whenever vehicle is hoisted for any other service work than oil change, also be sure to check for oil leakage.
Precautions in Diagnosing Trouble
• Do not disconnect the following parts before confirming diagnostic information (DTC, etc.) stored in 4WD control
module memory. These actions will erase memorized information in 4WD control module memory.
– Disconnection of coupler from 4WD control module
– Disconnection of battery cable from battery
– Disconnection of ground wire harness of 4WD control module
– Disconnect main fuse from fuse box
• Diagnostic information stored in 4WD control module memory can be cleared as well as checked by using SUZUKI
scan tool. Before using scan tool, read its Operator's (Instruction) Manual carefully to have good understanding as
to what functions are available and how to use it.
• Be sure to read "Precautions for Electrical Circuit Service:" before inspection and observe what is written there.