1A-72 Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
MAP sensor output signal check
1) Check MAP sensor according to "Manifold Absolute
Pressure (MAP) Sensor Inspection (If Equipped) in
Is it in good condition?
DTC P0108: Manifold Absolute Pressure Circuit High Input
Refer to "DTC P0106: Manifold Absolute Pressure Range / Performance".
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Manifold absolute pressure sensor output voltage is higher
than specified value for specified time.
(1 driving cycle detection logic)
When DTC P0113 and P0118 are indicated together, it is possible that "GRY/BLU" wire circuit is open.
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned OFF.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool and warm up engine completely.
3) Run engine at idle speed for 1 min.
4) Check DTC and pending DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
MAP sensor and its circuit check
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch OFF.
2) Turn ignition switch ON.
3) Check intake manifold pressure displayed on scan tool.
Is it 127 kPa (37.5 in.Hg)?
Substitute a known-
good ECM and recheck.
• Manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit
• Manifold absolute pressure sensor
• A/C refrigerant pressure sensor (if equipped with A/C)
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 3.
Faulty MAP sensor.
Go to "Engine and
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section