DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Vehicle speed signal is not input while fuel is cut at deceleration
for 4 seconds at 3600 rpm or less.
(2 driving cycle detection logic)
DTC Confirmation Procedure
• When performing a road test, select a place where there is no traffic or possibility of a traffic
accident and be very careful during testing to avoid occurrence of an accident.
• Road test should be carried out by 2 persons, a driver and a tester.
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Warm up engine to normal operating temperature.
4) Drive vehicle at 4000 rpm (engine speed) with 3rd gear or "3" range.
5) Release accelerator pedal and with engine brake applied, keep vehicle coasting for 6 sec. or more (fuel cut
condition for 5 sec. or more) and stop vehicle.
6) Check pending DTC and DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
Vehicle speed signal check
Is vehicle speed displayed on scan tool in Step 4) and 5) of
"DTC Confirmation Procedure"?
DTC check in ABS control module assembly
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Check ABS / ESP® control module assembly for DTC.
Is there any DTC(s) in ABS / ESP
Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
• Wheel speed sensor (VSS) (for M/T model)
• Wheel speed sensor circuit (for M/T model)
• ABS / ESP® control module assembly (for M/T
• Output shaft speed sensor (for A/T model)
• Output shaft speed sensor circuit (for A/T
• TCM malfunction (for A/T model)
• ECM malfunction
Go to Step 2.
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
Go to applicable DTC
Go to "Engine and
For M/T model, go to
For A/T model, go to
Substitute a known-
good ECM and recheck.