1A-154 Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
APP sensor assembly mounting check
1) Check that APP sensor assembly has been mounted to
vehicle body properly (no pinched floor carpet, etc.).
Is it OK?
APP sensor (main) and its circuit check
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Turn ON ignition switch, check "APP Sensor 1 Volt"
displayed on scan tool.
Is displayed voltage 4.76 V or more?
ECM voltage check
1) Disconnect connector from APP sensor assembly with
ignition switch turned OFF.
2) Check for proper connection to APP sensor assembly at
"BRN", "GRN" and "BLU" wire terminals.
3) If OK, measure voltage between "BRN" wire terminal of
APP sensor assembly connector and vehicle body
ground with ignition switch turned ON.
Is voltage 4 – 6 V?
Wire harness check
1) Disconnect connectors from ECM with ignition switch
2) Check for proper connection of ECM connector at "E01-
3) If OK, measure voltage between "E01-35" terminal of
ECM connector and engine ground with ignition switch
Is voltage 0 V?
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 3.
Go to Step 4.
Go to Step 6.
Substitute a known-
good ECM and recheck.
Go to "Engine and
Reinstall APP sensor
referring to "Accelerator
Pedal Position (APP)
Installation in Section
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
Go to Step 5.
"BRN" wire is shorted to