1A-78 Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
IAT short circuit check
1) Turn ON ignition switch.
2) Measure voltage between "BLK/YEL" wire terminal of
MAF and IAT sensor connector and vehicle body
Is voltage about 0 V?
IAT sensor for performance check
1) Check IAT sensor according to "Intake Air Temperature
(IAT) Sensor Inspection in Section 1C".
Is it in good condition?
DTC P0113: Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High
Refer to "DTC P0111: Intake Air Temperature Circuit Range / Performance".
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
Voltage of IAT sensor output is more than specified value with engine running.
(Low intake air temperature (high voltage / high resistance))
(1 driving cycle detection logic)
When DTC P0108 and P0118 are indicated together, it is possible that "GRY/BLU" wire circuit is open.
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Start engine and run it for 10 sec.
4) Check DTC and pending DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
IAT sensor and its circuit check
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Turn ON ignition switch.
3) Check intake air temp. displayed on scan tool.
DTC detecting condition
Go to Step 6.
Substitute a known-
good ECM and recheck.
• IAT sensor circuit
• IAT sensor
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 3.
"BLK/YEL" wire is
shorted to other circuit.
If wire is OK, substitute
a known-good ECM and
Replace MAF and IAT
Go to "Engine and
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section