DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Difference between the opening angle based on throttle position
sensor (main) and the opening angle based on throttle position
sensor (sub) is more than specification for specified time.
(1 driving detection logic)
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Keep the accelerator pedal at idle position for 2 seconds.
4) Keep the accelerator pedal at fully depressed position for 2 seconds.
5) Repeat Step 3) and 4) for 3 times.
6) Check DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
Throttle position sensor and its circuit check
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Turn ON ignition switch, check each voltage of "TP
Sensor 1 Volt" and "TP Sensor 2 Volt" displayed on scan
tool when accelerator pedal is idle position and fully
Is each TP sensor voltage within specified value in the table
"Scan Tool Data"?
ECM voltage check
1) Disconnect connector from electric throttle body
assembly with ignition switch turned OFF.
2) Check for proper connection to electric throttle body
assembly at "RED", "GRN", "WHT" and "BLK" wire
3) If OK, measure voltage between "RED" wire terminal of
electric throttle body assembly connector and engine
ground with ignition switch turned ON.
Is voltage 4 – 6 V?
Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
• Throttle position sensor (main) and (sub) circuit
• Electric throttle body assembly
Go to Step 2.
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
Go to Step 6.
Go to "Engine and
Go to Step 3.
Go to Step 4.