1A-146 Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
Throttle actuator circuit check
1) Check throttle actuator referring to "Throttle Actuator
Performance Check" under "Electric Throttle Body
Assembly On-Vehicle Inspection in Section 1C".
Is check result satisfactory?
DTC P2102: Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Low
Refer to "DTC P2101: Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Range / Performance".
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
Power supply voltage of throttle actuator control circuit is lower than specified
value for specified time even if throttle actuator control relay is turned on.
(1 driving detection logic)
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Start engine and run it for 1 min. or more.
4) Check DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
Throttle actuator control relay circuit check
1) Remove ECM from its bracket with ECM connectors
2) Check for proper connection of ECM connector at "E01-
45" and "E01-32" terminals.
3) Turn ON ignition switch.
4) Measure voltage between "E01-32" terminal of ECM
connector and engine ground.
Is voltage 10 – 14 V?
Is "THR MOT" fuse in good condition?
DTC detecting condition
Substitute a known-
good ECM and recheck.
• Throttle actuator control relay circuit
• Throttle actuator control relay
Go to Step 2.
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
Go to Step 4.
Replace electric throttle
Go to "Engine and
Go to Step 3.
Replace fuse and check
for short in circuits
connected to this fuse.