1A-108 Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Keep the accelerator pedal at idle position for 2 seconds.
4) Keep the accelerator pedal at fully depressed position for 2 seconds.
5) Repeat Step 3) and 4) for 3 times.
6) Check DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
Throttle position sensor and its circuit check
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Turn ON ignition switch, check "TP Sensor 2 Volt"
displayed on scan tool when accelerator pedal is idle
position and fully depressed.
Is each TP sensor voltage within specified value in the table
"Scan Tool Data"?
ECM voltage check
1) Disconnect connector from electric throttle body
assembly with ignition switch turned OFF.
2) Check for proper connection to electric throttle body
assembly at "RED", "WHT" and "BLK" wire terminals.
3) If OK, measure voltage between "RED" wire terminal of
electric throttle body assembly connector and engine
ground with ignition switch turned ON.
Is voltage 4 – 6 V?
Wire harness check
1) Disconnect connectors from ECM with ignition switch
2) Check for proper connection of ECM connector at "C01-
3) Measure voltage between "C01-43" terminal of ECM
connector and engine ground with ignition switch turned
Is voltage 0 V?
Go to Step 2.
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
Go to Step 5.
Substitute a known-
good ECM and recheck.
Go to "Engine and
Go to Step 3.
Go to Step 4.
"RED" wire is shorted to