DTC Confirmation Procedure
• When performing a road test, select a place where there is no traffic or possibility of a traffic
accident and be very careful during testing to avoid occurrence of an accident.
• Road test should be carried out by 2 persons, a driver and a tester, on a level road.
Check to make sure that following conditions are satisfied when using this "DTC Confirmation
• Intake air temperature at engine start: –10 (14 °F) to 80 °C (176 °F)
• Intake air temperature: –10 °C (14 °F) to 70 °C (158 °F)
• Engine coolant temp.: 70 °C, 158 °F or more
• Altitude (barometric pressure): 2500 m, 8200 ft or less (560 mmHg, 74.4 kPa or more)
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned OFF.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Increase vehicle speed to 40 – 50 mph, 60 – 80 km/h.
4) Keep above vehicle speed for 10 min. or more (Throttle valve opening is kept constant in this step).
5) Stop vehicle.
6) For european market model, check whether catalyst monitoring readiness/monitoring test has completed or not by
using scan tool.
If evaporative system readiness/monitoring test has not completed, check vehicle conditions (environmental) and
repeat Steps 3) through 5).
7) Check DTC and pending DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
Exhaust system visual check
1) Check exhaust system for leaks, damage and loose
Is it in good condition?
HO2S-2 output voltage check
1) Check output voltage of HO2S-2 referring to "DTC
P0137 / P0138: O2 Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Low Voltage /
High Voltage (Sensor-2)".
Is check result satisfactory?
Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 3.
manifold (built in warm
up three way catalytic
converter) and exhaust
center pipe (built in
three way catalytic
Go to "Engine and
Repair or replace
Check "BRN" and / or
"ORN" wires for open
and short, and
connections for poor
If wires and connections
are OK, replace HO2S-