DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Start engine and run it for 10 sec.
4) Check DTC and pending DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
IAT sensor and its circuit check
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Turn ON ignition switch.
3) Check intake air temp. displayed on scan tool.
ECM voltage check
1) Disconnect connector from MAF and IAT sensor with
ignition switch turned OFF.
2) Check for proper connection to MAF and IAT sensor at
"BLK/YEL" and "GRY/BLU" wire terminals.
3) If OK, then turn ON ignition switch, measure voltage
between "BLK/YEL" wire terminal of MAF and IAT
sensor connector (1) and vehicle body ground.
Is voltage about 4 – 6 V?
IAT short circuit check
1) Disconnect connectors from ECM with ignition switch
2) Measure resistance between "BLK/YEL" wire terminal of
MAF and IAT sensor connector and vehicle body
Is resistance infinity?
Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 3.
Go to Step 6.
Go to Step 5.
Go to "Engine and
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
Go to Step 4.
"BLK/YEL" wire is
shorted to ground
If wire is OK, substitute
a known-good ECM and