DTC Confirmation Procedure
• When performing a road test, select a place where there is no traffic or possibility of a traffic
accident and be very careful during testing to avoid occurrence of an accident.
• Road test should be carried out by 2 persons, a driver and a tester, on a level road.
Check to make sure that following conditions are satisfied when using this "DTC Confirmation
• Intake air temperature at engine start: –10 °C (14 °F) to 80 °C (176 °F)
• Intake air temperature: –10 °C (14 °F) to 70 °C (158 °F)
• Engine coolant temperature: 70 °C (158 °F) or more
• Altitude (barometric pressure): 2500 m, 8200 ft or less (560 mmHg, 74.4 kPa or more)
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Start engine and warm up to normal operating temperature.
4) Drive vehicle at 40 mph (60 km/h) or higher. (engine speed: 2500 – 3000 r/min.)
5) Keep above vehicle speed for 6 min. or more. (Throttle valve opening is kept constant in this step.)
6) Release accelerator pedal and with engine brake applied, keep vehicle coasting (with fuel cut for 3 sec. or more)
and then stop vehicle.
7) For european market model, check whether O2 sensor readiness/monitoring test has completed or not by using
If O2 sensor readiness/monitoring test has not completed, check vehicle conditions (environmental) and repeat
Step 3) through 6).
8) Check DTC and pending DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
Is there DTC(s) other than HO2S-1?
HO2S-1 signal check
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Warm up engine to normal operating temperature and
keep it at 2000 r/min. for 60 sec.
3) Repeat racing engine (Repeat depressing accelerator
pedal 5 to 6 times continuously to enrich A/F mixture and
take foot off from pedal to enlean it).
Does HO2S-1 output voltage deflect between below 0.3 V
and over 0.6 V repeatedly?
Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
Go to Step 2.
Go to applicable DTC
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section
00". If check result is
OK, go to Step 9.
Go to "Engine and
Go to Step 3.
Go to Step 4.