1A-158 Engine General Information and Diagnosis:
DTC P2128: Pedal Position Sensor (Sub) Circuit High Input
Refer to "DTC P2122: Pedal Position Sensor (Main) Circuit Low Input".
DTC Detecting Condition and Trouble Area
DTC detecting condition
Output voltage of APP sensor (sub) is higher than specified value.
(1 driving detection logic)
DTC Confirmation Procedure
1) With ignition switch turned OFF, connect scan tool.
2) Turn ON ignition switch and clear DTC using scan tool.
3) Keep the accelerator pedal at idle position for 2 seconds.
4) Keep the accelerator pedal at fully depressed position for 2 seconds.
5) Repeat Step 3) and 4) for 3 times.
6) Check DTC.
Before this troubleshooting is performed, read the precautions for DTC troubleshooting referring to
"Precautions for DTC Troubleshooting".
Was "Engine and Emission Control System Check"
APP sensor assembly mounting check
1) Check that APP sensor assembly has been mounted to
vehicle body properly (no pinched floor carpet, etc.).
Is it OK?
APP sensor (sub) and its circuit check
1) Connect scan tool to DLC with ignition switch turned
2) Turn ON ignition switch, check "APP Sensor 2 Volt"
displayed on scan tool.
Is displayed voltage 4.76 V or more?
• APP sensor (sub) circuit
• APP sensor assembly
• Incorrect mounting of APP sensor assembly
Go to Step 2.
Go to Step 3.
Go to Step 4.
Go to "Engine and
Reinstall APP sensor
referring to "Accelerator
Pedal Position (APP)
Installation in Section
Check for intermittent
referring to "Intermittent
and Poor Connection
Inspection in Section