Clutch (for Manual Transaxle)
Check for the following.
• Clutch is completely released when depressing clutch
• No slipping clutch occurs when releasing pedal and
• Clutch itself is free from any abnormal condition.
Gearshift or Select Lever
Check gear shift or select lever for smooth shifting to all
positions and for good performance of transaxle in any
With automatic transaxle equipped vehicle, also check
that shift indicator indicates properly according to which
position select lever is shifted to.
With automatic transaxle equipped vehicle, make sure
that vehicle is at complete stop when shifting select lever
to "P" range position and release all brakes.
Check the following:
• that brake pedal has proper travel,
• that brake works properly,
• that it is free from noise,
• that vehicle does not pull to one side when brake is
• and that brake do not drag.
Check that lever has proper travel.
With vehicle parked on a fairly steep slope,
make sure nothing is in the way downhill to
avoid any personal injury or property
damage. Be prepared to apply regular brake
quickly even if vehicle should start to move.
Check to ensure that parking brake is fully effective
when the vehicle is stopped on the safe slope and brake
lever is pulled all the way.
Tightening Torque Specifications
Engine oil drain plug
For the tightening torque of fastener not specified in this section, refer to "Fasteners Information in Section 0A".
• Check to ensure that steering wheel is free from
instability, or abnormally heavy feeling.
• Check that the vehicle does not wander or pull to one
• Check that engine responds readily at all speeds.
• Check that engine is free from abnormal noise and
Body, Wheels and Power Transmitting System
Check that body, wheels and power transmitting system
are free from abnormal noise and abnormal vibration or
any other abnormal condition.
Meters and Gauge
Check that speedometer, odometer, fuel meter,
temperature gauge, etc. are operating accurately.
Check that all lights operate properly.
Periodically check that air comes out from defroster
outlet when operating heater or air conditioning.
Set mode control lever to defroster position and fan
switch lever to highest position for this check.
Maintenance and Lubrication: