Precautions for Installing Mobile
When installing mobile communication equipment such
as CB (Citizens-Band)-radio or cellular-telephone, be
sure to observe the following precautions.
Failure to follow cautions may adversely affect electronic
• Keep the antenna as far away as possible from the
vehicle's electronic control unit.
• Keep the antenna feeder more than 20 cm (7.9 in.)
away from electronic control unit and its wire
• Do not run the antenna feeder parallel with other wire
• Confirm that the antenna and feeder are correctly
Precaution for CAN Communication System
• The loose (1) in the wire harnesses twist of the CAN
lines except around the connector (3) should be within
100 mm (3.9 in.). Refer to the wiring diagram for the
CAN lines discrimination. Excessively-loosed lines
may be influenced by the electric noise.
• Do not connect terminals of the CAN line using a
bypass wire (1). Otherwise, the CAN line may be
influenced by the electric noise.
Precautions for Electrical Circuit Service
• When replacing a fuse, make sure to use a fuse of the
specified capacity. Use of a fuse with a larger capacity
will cause a damage to the electrical parts and a fire.
• When disconnecting and connecting coupler, make
sure to turn ignition switch OFF, or electronic parts
may get damaged.
• When disconnecting connectors, never pull the wiring
harness. Unlock the connector lock first and then pull
them apart by holding connectors themselves.