Front Fog Light Switch Inspection (If Equipped)
Front fog lights light up only when headlight
switch is in HEADLIGHT position (low or high
beams) or SMALL position. Front fog lights
turn OFF automatically when headlight
switch is turned to OFF position. If front fog
light switch holds ON position, front fog
lights turn ON automatically when headlight
switch is tuned to HEADLIGHT position (low
or high beams) or SMALL position again.
Check for continuity between terminals at each switch
position. If check result is not as specified, replace
ON (PUSH IN)
Front Fog Light Aiming Adjustment with Screen
• Unless otherwise obligated by local
regulations, adjust front fog light aiming
according to the following procedure.
• An example in case that the light-to-wall
distance 10 m is shown in the illustration.
The beam descending distance "H" is
calculated when "a" is 10 m with the
specification angle "b" (1.14°).
1) Make sure the following items.
• Place vehicle on a flat surface in front of blank wall
(screen) (1) ahead of front fog light surface.
Distance between screen and front fog light
"a": 10 m (32.8 ft.)
• Adjust air pressure of all tired to the specified
• Bounce vehicle body up and down by hand to
• Carry out aiming with a driver aboard.
75 kg (165 lb)
2) Check to see if hot spot (high intensity zone) of each
front fog light axis falls as shown in the figure.
If the fog lights interfere each other and make
it hard to see the cut line clearly, cover the
fog light on one side. This helps to make
aiming adjustment easier.
Hot spot specification
Angle "b": 1.14° (Specification)
Calculated distance "H": Approx. 199 mm (7.83