9C-18 Instrumentation / Driver Info. / Horn:
Trunk Lid Switch Inspection (Sedan)
Check for continuity between trunk lid connector terminal
(1) and body ground.
If check result is not as specified, replace switch.
Trunk lid switch specification
Trunk lid switch (2) is pushed: No continuity
Trunk lid switch (2) is free: Continuity
Outside Air Temperature Sensor Removal and
Installation (If Equipped)
1) Disconnect negative (–) cable at battery.
2) Remove front bumper referring to "Front Bumper
and Rear Bumper Components in Section 9K".
3) Disconnect connector from outside air temperature
4) Remove outside air temperature sensor (1) from
front bumper member.
Reverse removal procedure for installation.
Outside Air Temperature Sensor Inspection (If
Measure resistance of outside air temperature sensor
using an ohmmeter.
If resistance is out of specification, replace outside air
Outside air temperature sensor resistance
1.61 kΩ – 1.79 kΩ at 25 °C (77 °F)
Instrument Panel Removal and Installation
Refer to "Air Bag Warning in Section 00"
before starting service work.
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Disable air bag system referring to "Disabling Air
Bag System in Section 8B".
3) Remove dash side trims (4) and steering column
hole cover (1).
4) Turn steering wheel to remove steering column
cover screws (3).
5) Remove steering column covers (2).