To lighting switch (LOW)
Auto-On Headlight Operation Inspection (If
1) Turn ignition switch to ON position and then turn
lighting switch to "AUTO" position.
2) Check headlights for operation as follows. If
headlights do not turn ON or OFF, go to "Inspection
of Auto-On Headlight Controller and Its Circuit (If
a) Cover auto-on headlight sensor by hand and
check that headlights light up then.
b) Light over auto-on headlight sensor vertically
with on incandescent lamp of approx, 100 W
apart from about 100 mm (3.94 in.) (1) and check
that headlights go off then.
Inspection of Auto-On Headlight Controller and Its Circuit (If Equipped)
1) Confirm that lighting switch is in good condition referring to "Headlight Switch (in Lighting Switch) Inspection".
2) Remove steering column hole cover.
3) Remove auto-on headlight controller (1) from steering support member.
4) Connect connector to auto-on headlight control module.
5) Check that the voltage between the following terminals and vehicle body ground are specifications under each
If measuring voltage is not within specification, check applicable circuit for open or short. If circuits are normal,
replace auto-on headlight controller.
If measuring voltage is within specification, auto-on headlight controller and its circuits are good condition.
[A]: Auto-on headlight controller connector viewed from harness side
Tail light control signal
0 – 1 V
10 – 14 V
• Engine is at running and lighting switch is at OFF
• Lighting switch is at HEAD position and dimmer switch
is at LOW position.
Lighting switch is at HEAD position and dimmer switch is
at HI position.
[A]: Fig. for Step a)
4 3 2 1
8 7 6 5
Lighting switch at "AUTO"
position, tail / position light at
Ignition switch is at ON
10 – 14 V
position, lighting switch at
[B]: Fig. for Step b)