NOTE: Refer to the exploded view at the end of this
chapter as a reference.
1. Place transmission in High gear before disassembly.
2. Drain and properly dispose of the transmission
lubricant (see Chapter 2 – Transmission Lubrication,
3. Remove the bellcrank nut
4. Remove E-clip
that retains spring washer
and gear switch
. Remove the switch.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
5. Remove the sector cover bolts
sector cover .
NOTE: Removal can be aided by using your
thumbs to press in on the shafts while pulling
out the cover with your fingers.
6. Remove the compression spring (H).
7. Remove the detent star (I). Note how the detent star
fits onto the splined shaft with the raised edge facing
outward for reassembly.
8. Remove the spacer (J).
and remove the